2005/07/04

The Big Battle

As we celebrate our 4th of July in the United States, let us reach out to those whom some of our idiotic leaders call our enemy, though they have not fired a single shot against anyone in the continental United States. A few years ago, Johnny Cash performed this song, which makes us realize the bonds of humanity, which unite all nationalities, races, and creeds, and expose the idiocy of war:

The Big Battle: An anti-war song by Johnny Cash. (Available as an MP-3 on the web)

I think, sir, the battle is over, and the young soldier laid down his gun.
I'm tired of running for cover, I'm certain the battle is done.
For, see overe there, where we fought them. it's quiet, for they've all gone away.
All left is the dead and the dying, the blue lying long side the grey.

So you think the battle is over, and you even lay down your gun.
You carelessly rise from your cover, for you think the battle is done.
Now boy hit the dirt, listen to me, for I'm still the one in command,
get flat on the ground here beside me, and lay your heart to the sand:

Can you hear the deafening rumble, can you feel the trembling ground?
It's not just the horses and wagons, that make such a deafening sound.
For every shot fired has an echo and every man killed wanted life.
There lies your friend Jim McKinney. Can you take the news to his wife?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like what you have to say! Have you been to my website http://newsfromiraq.org? My site pertains to Basra. Check it out!