2010/05/28

Obama's irrational Flip-Flop Leadership Style

War is necessarily a sea of hard choices, as I found out when I was tasked with more operations than my advisory team and I could handle in Vietnam: However, I have found that keeping my mind clear, and concentrating on the most important missions first, our side of the war would prevail, and our casualties could be vastly reduced. General Stanley McChrystal knows whereof I speak, when he calls his attempt to drive the Taliban out of Helmand Province as "a bleeding ulcer", and he has my profound sympathy. As we survey the carnage in that totally unnecessary war, we find our operation in Kandahar already showing signs of faltering, and there is NO alternative plan. Meanwhile, 'our' Afghan President Hamid Karzai's half -brother Wali Karzai, Kandahar's major powerbroker, a man reputedly deeply involved in the drug trade, and a former "asset" of the CIA, assures that the whole military effort in the province is locked into Karzai's political strategy for maintaining his grip on power! The whole situation is now a disgusting mess, and the only solution is to abandon Karzai to his fate, whatever that it might be!

No comments: