2011/07/14

Tom Engelhardt: Making Earth a Global Free Fire Zone

Is the Obama National Security Team a Pilotless Drone? George W, who? I mean the guy is SO over. He turned the big six-five the other day, and it was barely a footnote in the news. And Dick Cheney, tick-tick-tick. Soon his ticker will stop and no-one will bother to remember him when his time is finally up. Should we ask Condoleeza Rice? She-s already to her next memoir, and yet it's as if she's been wiped from history. The evil that man, or woman do lives after us, the good is often buried with their bones! As for Donald Rumsfeld, he published his memoir in February, and it briefly hit the bestseller list. But a few months later, where is he? Can anyone be surprised? They were wrong about Afghanistan. They were wrong about Iraq, but Almighty God will make certain that they will ultimately burn for their sins: For the radio-active babies in Fallujah, who were born to their angry parents without legs, arms, and other parts of their "normal" bodies! And they said that Adolf Hitler was bad!! My parents hated him, but when we had to get out of Breslau, now "Wroclaw", Poland. Well, Hitler was, but not nearly to the extent that Bushie tortured the wailing mothers and fathers of their progeny. If all-mighty GOD has a special place in HELL for those who do evil on earth, Bush and Cheney are the prime candidates on HIS list. Torturing innocents in Guantanamo will not abscond Obama from his dastardly deeds. They may have disappeared from our lives, but the post-9/11 world is a grim reminder of those who died in these towers. On the night of September 11, 2001, addressing the nation, President Bush first spoke of winning "the war on terrorism". Of course, he really, really meant the terrorism we would bring to the innocents who had nothing whatsoever to do with that atrocity. For those who are up to it, you may still find a U-tube that depicts the death of millions of German citizens in Dresden. Like our cowardly presidents said: "There will be no retreat, it must be victory or death." Before I served in Vietnam, my father pulled me into a part of our house where my mother would not be listening. Since he served with the German Forces in Italy, he told me that I must promise to bring the men under my command back safely. Of course, that's a tall order, but I agreed to it. When my team and I returned safely to my home, I saluted, and told my father that I had followed his orders!!

No comments: