2011/12/09

Benzinga Insights: Why Ron Paul Will Win Iowa!

More than just an analysis of how I think things will play out is my hope, for the future of this nation, that Ron Paul is the nominee. As I have said before, I am not a Republican. I believe some things need to be socialized. I believe big business is too big, too powerful, and its powers are a harm to liberty. I believe the wars are a mistake , and the military is too big. Ron Paul and I would disagree on many issues. I don't feel the gold standard is an acceptable monetary policy, and cutting government back to the extreme he's advocated is not workable. However, these are policy differences, They can be negotiated or legislated into a compromise. But on liberty, on human rights, and on the Constitution, Ron Paul is the only candidate 'who gets it'. Without liberty, tax cuts or tax hikes, balanced budgets or deficits, clean air or pollution, mean nothing. Liberty is where we begin and end the conversation in America. For far too long,, government has chipped away at the rights of Americans. Ron Paul would reverse that trend. Whatever else is secondary to that prime directive. That's why I hope I am correct in predicting Ron Paul's victory in this January's Iowa Caucuses. You can reach John Thorpe by emailing john at benzinga.com, or on twitter @johndthorpe.

No comments: