2013/01/20

Dr. Kevin Barrett: Who is Allen Ruff and why dees he oppose Chuck Hagel?

Alleged pro Palestinian peacenik and enemy of 9/11 truth Allen Ruff wants to defeat Chuck Hagel;s nomination as Secretary of Defense. Why? I got to know Allen Ruff, a big, dark, hulking, bearded, scowling bully who looks a bit like the old Zionist media caricatures of the late Ayatollah Khomeini, only about 100 pounds heavier, at pro Palestine demonstrations in Madison, Wisconsin during the 1990s. Ruff took an instant dislike to me, if "dislike" isn't too weak a word. At first I couldn't figure out why. Gradually, it became apparent that Ruff was the leader of a gang of left wing Jews, who were trying to set themselves up as the local pro Palestine movement, and police the thoughts, words, and deeds of Palestinians, Muslim students and other goyim. As an articulate American Muslim, who shares the near unanimous position of the people of the Middle East, that "Israel" is a criminal enterprise, not a legitimate state, I must have rubbed Ruff the wrong way. He obviously didn't like me challenging his attempts to police the opinions of the foreign students and pro Palestine activists. In particular, he was incensed at my suggestion that Palestinians make common cause with Americans rebelling against Israel's influence in the USA. Any reference to the "Israeli lobby," made Ruff explode in volcanic vituperation. Any and all talk about how Israel dominates US policy, Ruff insisted, was anti Semitic slander. He claimed that US policy was set by wealthy WASP imperialists, and certainly not by the poor, powerless pro Israel Jews. In 2004, Ruff's hatred for me exploded into near psychosis, when I began leading 9/11 truth teach ins at the UW Madison campus. Just hearing me assert that 9/11 was an inside job made him wax apopletic, even more so than Kenneth Katzman! When I organized David Ray Griffin's 2005 "9/11 and American Empire" talk at UW Madison,, which was broadcast nationwide on C-SPAN, Ruff approached me, his face twitching in homicidal rage, growling: "We're keeping a file on you! That's right, we're keeping a file on you!" Immediately after the Griffin event, a stunning success attended by almost 500 people, Ruff launched an internet hate campaign, attempting to smear me and 9/11 truth as "anti Semitic." He even falsely claimed that I had accused him of being a Mossad agent!                   

No comments: