2013/04/19

Allen L Roland: America's Auschwitz is the Evil of Guantanamo!

America's Auschwitz is the evil of Guantanamo, a festering open sore, of civil and human rights abuse, and a blatant reminder, that the name Guantanamo evokes criminality and torture to the rest of the world. As Michael Ratner reports: The Obama Administration is responsible for the continued imprisonment of 86 men, who were found not to have been involved in any crime or act of war. Eleven years later, there is no sign these people will ever be released. In case you forgot, Obama promised to shut Guantanamo down. Real News 13 minute interview with Michael Ratner. So whu does Obama refuse to deliver on his promise to close this open sore of civil and human rights abuse? To me, the obvious reason goes back to the Big, Big lie of 9/11, and Obama's continuance of the Bush administration's decision to justify torture, illegal rendition, forced confessions and indefinite imprisonment of innocent civilians, in order to maintain the perception of implied external guilt, for an obvious internal false flag attack on America, which was orchestrated, or at least condoned by the Cheney/Bush administration, and their cabal of American traitors. As Ratner correctly point out on Real News, Guantanamo is an international moral outrage, but I maintain that the Obama administration continues the tradition of the Cheney/Bush decade, by implementing any means, however illegal, towards the end of maintaining the transparent and discredited facade of the official 9/11 story, as well as the equally transparent and discredited War on Terror. Here are the words of Gitmo detainee, Samor Naji Hasan Moqbel, published in the New York Times this week, "I've been on a hunger strike since February 10, and have lost well over 30 pounds. I will not eat, until they restore my dignity. I have been detained at Guantanamo for 11 years and three months. I have never been charged with any crime. I have never received a trial. I could have been home years ago, no one seriously thinks I am a threat, but still I am here. Years ago, the military said I was a guard for Osama bin Laden, but this was nonsense, like something out of the American movies I used to watch. They don't even seem to believe it anymore, but they don't seem to care how long I sit here, either. I will never forget the first time they passed the feeding tube up my nose. I can't describe how painful it is to be force fed this way. As it was thrust in, it made me feel like throwing up. I wanted to vomit, but I couldn't. There was agony in my chest, throat and stomach. I had never experienced such pain before. I would not wish this cruel punishment upon anyone!  

No comments: